Tuesday, March 27, 2012

NCECA, here I come?

When I found out that this year's NCECA would be in Seattle, I was incredibly excited.  I knew it would be much cheaper to fly to and best of all, school is footing the bill for the hotel.  Having never been to  NCECA, I was super excited about going with the Ceramics Department from San Jose State. 

So, What's the problem? 

Well, in the course of being a grown-up you must sometimes make hard decisions.  I have a solo show (my first) coming up in late April.  I've been working like mad to keep up with that, and school, and work, and home (husband, kid, a clean house).  I'm behind on just about everything.  I can't seem to squeeze enough hours out of a day.  Now this wouldn't be such a problem if I weren't a perfectionist.  But, I am and OCD to boot, so now can see the dilemma.  I have this visualization of the gallery and each piece in the show exactly the way I want them and to have anything less will feel like failure. Now, four days of no work or school would go a long way to get me caught up, but I would lament missing such a great trip.  I've already paid for the plain ticket and I haven't gone on a trip by myself since 1998. 

Its a hard choice. 

Come Wednesday, 6:30 am I will have to decide if I get on that plain or not, or it will be made for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment